Globalization and technological progress have made translation an indispensable service for professionals and companies to take advantage of the opportunity to internationalize their products and services. Hence the increasing general interest in hiring a translation service. As well as dealing with customers, suppliers and collaborators.
If you want to know how to hire a translation company and what to consider, read on. This is of interest to you!
How to choose the most suitable translation company for my project
In order to hire the most appropriate translation, you should first analyze your real needs: how often you will need the service, what kind of texts or materials you need to translate or into how many languages.
Of course, once this is clear, the next step is to ask for quotes from several companies. To help you in your choice, here are some requirements that the company you hire should meet:
- Certified professional native translators. A professional translation agency collaborates with translators who are native speakers of the languages you need and with the level of specialization you require.
- Willingness to translate into all languages. You never know where your next customers are going to be and in what language they express themselves. Make sure that you will always be able to communicate with them.
- Translators specialized in subject areas. Whatever your company does, the level of translation must be impeccable.
- Related services. Interpreting, localization or transcreation are just some of the many multilingual services that facilitate the internationalization of your project. Having them all together in the same agency is a great advantage.
- Translation technologies. The latest generation of technological solutions optimizes your multilingual communication strategy.
But remember: when hiring a translator, you should not only consider the project budget. You should evaluate other aspects such as the experience of the agency and its professionals, references, whether or not they have a quality assurance system or if they are fully committed to the confidentiality you need in the treatment of your data.
What makes a good translation service?
When you have already gathered information and decided to hire a specific translation service, it is time to establish the project guidelines. Relying on an expert translation company is an added value that facilitates your goal.
Depending on the size of your project and the variety of content to be translated, a professional translation agency has experts who plan the process and coordinate all the actions to be taken to ensure the quality of the work and compliance with deadlines.
The coordinator of a translation project is in charge of assigning the translator or translators specialized in the language and area you need, controlling the revision of the work and applying the most appropriate technologies and methodologies.
A certified professional translation agency with a quality assurance (QA) system guarantees the control of the entire process, avoiding errors and making costs and deadlines profitable.
Now you know everything you should keep in mind before hiring a translation for your projects.